What do you think about this?

My DH and I have a 6 month old baby. We came to the agreement that I would be a stay at home Mom for a while then head back to school. I NEVER get a chance to leave the house. Some days I go stir-crazy. Since having our son I haven't had a "me" day. My DH goes to his friends houses and what not all the time. He just went to an AC/DC concert not to long ago. My DH has kept our son alone once! and it was for an hour and a half while I took my Mom to the E.R. and the baby was asleep the whole time. Now Dh want's to go to another concert and Im a little peeved that he want's to go. I'd like a night to go out and not be Momma for a few hours. Am I being selfish? I haven't answered him about going to the concert yet. Should I just not say anything and let him go or should I say something and ask for him to stay home for once and give me a break?

Any advice ladies?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Not selfish AT ALL. Tell him exactly how you feel. It sounds as though you have more than enough examples to back up your argument.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You are not being selfish at all! He can suck it up for an evening and let you go out.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• not selfish at all tell him how you feel
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 1:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Go to the concert with him, get a sitter. That would be fun! If that is not possible, just plan something, tell him what you are doing, and do it. Leave the baby with him. I've done this before. I'm not a stay at home mom but there are times when I needed to do something and I had to just do it. He grumbled but after I went he really appreciates all I do more.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You need to tell him exactly what you told us.

Oh and tell him to get the ticket... but YOU'LL be the one attending the concert for the night while he stays home with baby. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• and no, it's not selfish.. sometimes men dont' realize they are being selfish when it comes to going out times, and they need a "friendly" reminder.
    xxhazeldovexx

• i say let him go and then when he comes back give u your day by yourself..
    godsgirl26

Answer by godsgirl26 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Tell him you need a break too, to be a woman instead of mommy for a little while. If you agree to the concert, he needs to step up and take the baby so you can go out for a bit. Get yourself pampered or something--I used to go get a pedi/mani when I realized I was losing all sense of myself as a woman and just completely in mommy mode.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 2:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Have you told your Husband that you need a break? You need to step up and say "hey, I need a break so I am going to leave for an hour or so" and leave.
    The problem I always had was that I needed to get out but I was way to tired by the time dh got home to even think about going out.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh and no you are not being selfish. People need breaks.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010