is this rude to want my managers job?

My manager is leaving his current job, and i am thinking about trying to go for it when he does leave. Is this rude to do? Why do I feel guilty about that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope, he's leaving you have every right to want to move up!
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 2:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Not rude at all! Go for it! How else are you going to get ahead? Good luck!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have no clue why you would feel bad about it. I would try for it to More money LMAO!!!!!! Why on earth would it be rude?!
    autumnsunris113

Answer by autumnsunris113 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No it is not rude at all to want that job. It is going to be open anyway so why not go for it. You probably feel bad because you get along well with the guy leaving but don't let that stop you. I am sure if he is a good guy he would want you to have the job. I am sure you deserve it

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Why would it be rude? Someone will have to fill the position.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No, don't feel guilty. It's not like you are getting your manager fired so that you can have a chance at his job.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No, it isn't rude at all! It would be different if he weren't leaving, and you did something to take his job from him. But this is so totally different, he IS leaving so his job is up for grabs, in a way. Let the higher-up people know that you are interested, maybe let your departing mgr. know that you are interested, he might be able to put in a word for you, or something.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• What a fantastic idea! One word of warning, if you do get the position, and are managing friends, there will be quite the adjustment for you.

I do career and job search coaching; let me know if you would like help with your resume or cover letter.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If you have the qualifications go for it. You'd probably get the job bc the company knows you. GL Not rude at all. if you want you can mention this to the boss that you plan on getting that position so when you do get the job that person will know already and congratulate you ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010