Do you sometimes feel like your not doing enough for your kids?

There are times that I just feel like what I'm doing is not enough. Do you ever feel this way? In what way? What things/goals do you want to accomplish or do but it seems that your not getting to it.

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think everyone feels that way from time to time. It's normal. You're not a horrible mom. You're actually a good mom for being concerned about it.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I feel like that all the time. If I put my baby down I start feeling like I dont hold him enough or I dont pay enough attention to him... Then I find myself holding him ALL day
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I was just thinking about this the other day and honestly I don't think I do enough for myself and sometimes my children suffer because I will be in a bad mood.
    I feel like I'm always running for my children and am always trying to find fun and memorable things to do with them. We go out of town, invite friends over, Go to friends houses, go to the zoo, we are active in my son's sports(I'm not complaining, it's just the way it is).
    I would really like to have more time for myself to workout.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• NO!!!! I know that I am always doing enough if not more than!!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think it's natural to feel that way. What counts for me is that I try to do my best and if that's not enough-again according to my standards-at least I know what to change or do differently some other times.You may wish to be there for them 24/7 but at today's pace of life this isn't feasible.Quality is the key more than quantity.If what I do for my children makes them happy and better individuals,then even less done can mean more in the end.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 4:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010