Does your LO hate having thier face washed?

carsonsmommytam

Asked by carsonsmommytam at 1:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeppers! We learned to make odd faces or sounds like a plane and it has helped.. now if only we could convince her not to try to lick the rag haha
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes! mine isnt even a toddler yet. He will be 6 months on sunday. He always cries when I wash his face.... Recently he cries and tries to lick the rag/baby wipe... lol
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 2:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My daughter has always not liked it but I made it into a game. Like "I'm going to get you...hee hee hee" and chased her a bit and then attacked in a playful way. "Got you!" and just laughed. She would laugh too and her face would be clean. :)
    AzAngie

Answer by AzAngie at 2:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Nope. he sticks out his tongue and licks my hand (or the washcloth) while we're doing it. ha ha
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes, my just-turned-two year old HATES it!

But like azangie said, turn it into a game! I make up and sing a silly song about washing her face, and it helps her from screaming!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 4:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• YES!! My son is a year old and hates it.... he will kick and scream lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes! My daughter is 2 and hates it and having her hair washed! She used to always love baths now she fights like crazy about them its sad!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• He's actually a pretty "clean" toddler for a toddler AND A boy.. he HATES having things food, dirt or crumbs on his face fingers or clothes..lol! which you think, well thats good, but try going to the park or having help him in the garden haha.. He's the cleanest toddler I know - he tells me all the time area's of my house that are "messy" or dirty - like, Mommy, your truck is dirty, we need to vaccum it or we need to sweep, the entry way is very messy - he's 2-1/2. lol!! the one thing he HATES is for his feet to be touched, like clipping his toenails wow!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2010