If your child is vaccinated, why are you so scared they are going to get a sickness from an unvaccinated child?

If the vaccine works properly like you say, why are you scared you're child is going to contract a disease?

This is a serious question that I am very curious to see the answers.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Lots of people do care, truthteller. I see posts all the time saying that moms with unvaccinated kids should basically announce it to one and all so our little disease ridden sweeties won't infect their vaxed kids--but wouldn't the opposite be true? Wouldn't it be the unvaxed kids at risk? If I don't ask for a full immunization history and when the last live virus vax that their child got was, why should they worry about my healthy unvaxed child?
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 2:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't understand the question because it makes no sense. Why would a parent of a vaccinated child worry or even give a f... about children that are un-vaccinated?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• What if the child is ill with something that my child has not been vaccinated for yet? That certainly would be cause for alarm.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 2:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The vaccinated child can still contract the illness. It is just less likely that they will have a severe case of that illness. The unvaccinated child is at higher risk of contracting the illness and of having a severe case, but both children can contract it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• What about the major side effects of the vaccine?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Vaccines are not 100% so yes your child could catch an illness if someone is contagious. Often many people are contagious before symptoms even occur and some can pass while having no symptoms or mild symptoms.

Only one of my child is actually fully vaccinated. One half and then then last has only one vaccine.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 2:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• why is there only 1 answer to this question?

because they don't know the answer.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010