Why wear it then?

I love love LOVE my make up. YOu have no idea but I have quite a few friends who look at make up and complain cause they want to "look natural". I don't understand this. Like I understand not wanting to look fake but isn't the point of make up to cover up your naturalness? Like if you want to look natural then why wear it? I don't wear it cause I want to look natural I wear cause I don't like my naturalness. So why? Why do it if you want to look like you do without it?

krystie-tina

Asked by krystie-tina at 2:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I like to make myself look better without looking like I'm trying, unless I am going out or something. Even out my skin tone, thicken lashes. Still looks "natural" but a slightly more polished natural
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 2:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• they mean they want to cover their flaws without it looking like they have flaws to cover. i personally don't wear any makeup cause i love how i look w/o it but some women like to just cover up tiny imperfections and that's what they mean by natural
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I always thought the point of makeup was to enhance your features. I think many women prefer not to look overly done. I wear makeup but the colors I use match my skin tones in each area but are a shade darker, personally I prefer not to have heavy makeup, I think it looks funny.

If I dont wear it I have blotchy skin, I like to cover that and even out my skin tones. I still look very natural I am just hiding some of the aged look in my face.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I always use cover up and a light powder. I like the more naturalish look.
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 2:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i dont wear makeup at all because i dont want to have to put on a face whenever i have to go out meaning makeup... i had some makeup put on me before and i didnt like it at all..
    godsgirl26

Answer by godsgirl26 at 2:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• a "natural" look with make up, typically means a look that just enhances or conceals features on their face without making them look lik ethey are going out for a night on the town. (aka, the day look vs the night look)

They want to LOOK like they don't have certain flaws while showing off a few good features without it looking like they are wearing make up.

Basically it's like photoshopping a picture.. you want it to look natural, but want a few changes done to it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Example:

I have naturally light brown hair.. however typically I color it to a dark brown. My lashes are a little lighter than I like, making them look shorter than they really are. A little mascara and a lash curler and poof, I look like I have naturally long sexy lashes
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I believe in looking natural. However, I use a little concealer under my eyes to get rid of the baggies, on my chin to remove the blue vein and under my nose to remove the redness. I enhance my eyes with a little liner, and mascara.
    The point is to Highlight the natural beauty of your face and to hide the stuff that is not so pretty. KWIM?
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 2:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010