How much baby rice cereal does your baby eat?

I ask because wic gives a lot. But how many baby's eat all of those big boxes of rice cereal?Should my baby be eating it like 3 times a day? She is 10 months old now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dont know what to say, mine refuse to eat hers. but yeah, your baby should be on solids at least 3 times a day by now. my daughter wont eat any baby food whatsso ever but shes got teeth so can handle some foods.
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 2:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yeah My daughter would rather chew then eat baby food. But we do both.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I always gave my son an average size bowlful once a day.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If your baby is 10 months old toss that stuff and move onto bigger and better. Really rice cereal is just suppose to get your baby introduced to solids. Rice is not a common allergen I think is why. Check this though with your pedi as I am not always up to date...I mean things change by the minute and I was much more relaxed with baby #3 LOL

10 months : fresh fruits and veggies, avocado, whole grain pasta and you can introduce some meats like chicken.

Look for products where you can read the ingredients and avoid high fructose corn syrup, sweetners or dyes..things anyone does not need.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 2:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• At 10 months baby can try a lot of other foods. My kids never ate the baby rice, they just didn't like it. I would make regular oatmeal and add a little cinnamon or fresh fruit. It tastes much better. Cheerios are a good thing to try because they dissolve as baby is learning to chew them. And again, lots of fresh fruits and veggies.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• your baby is old enough to eat other foods.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 3:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• At 10 months, mine was eating real oatmeal. He would eat a HUGE freakin' bowl of it, like more than 2 packets if we used the instant kind. When he was still on the baby cereal, he ate a HUGE bowl of that too. He REALLY loved that kind of stuff. He also loved Malt-O-Meal, Cream of Wheat....any hot cereal. And I seriously mean HUGE, because it was more than the normal recommended size for adults...he was/is SO skinny, but, could/can eat more food than anyone I know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Rice baby cereal tastes terrible. Just go direct to table food. Rice cereal is filler and takes the place of nutrient dense foods a baby should eat like breastmilk/formula fruit/veggie. WIC has it bass ackwards.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• WIC gives a crazy amount of rice cereal! Most of my boxes have gone to the food bank. My LO just turned a year and I think we emptied one box of rice and one of oatmeal since she was 6 months old.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You don't need it ever, but at 10 months, I would say you can drop it if you want to.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010