how old should u be??

Ok..my bf has twin boys they are 6..and they live with their mom(bf ex wife) and they told us this past weekend that they are still taking baths together. they take seperate showers on the weekends when they are at our house...im just wondering how old is to old to have kids take baths together i guess. Bc i think that they need to take seperate one's now that they are in school. i really dont know what to do bc they told us that they like showers and that she wont let them take them they gotta take baths. anyone got any advice id apprieciate it...thanks

tber22

Asked by tber22 at 2:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I allowed my boys to bathe together til the oldest was no longer comfortable. They were 8 and 5 at the time. It's really only been the past 6 months or so my oldest wants alone time in the tub now.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think around the age they are now. but everyone is different.
    Also, did they elaborate on why she insists on making them take baths? that seems a little strange to me. I will be relieved on the day both my boys take showers well all by themselves. LOL
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it at 6 and they are both boys. I do think they need to start taking showers at about this age. With boys you still need to make sure they are washing all the important parts.

I say have them shower at your house and what she does at hers is her business. There nothing wrong with it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't worry over much about it. I'm sure when they become uncomfortable taking a bath together they will voice their feelings to their mom about it. I would just keep doing what you are doing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• they love taking showers when they are at our house..i dont really know why she makes them take baths i think it should be their decision tho. i mean i dont know why they are made to take baths i think that is weird as well.
    tber22

Comment by tber22 (original poster) at 2:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• they did tell her they wanted to take showers and she told my bf to tell me not to encourage them to tell her things....idk what to do..
    tber22

Comment by tber22 (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i would have your DH talk to her about it.
    I was sexually abused and one of the things my abused did was insist that we take baths instead of showers. ...not saying that she's abusing them ...but for me, her insistence on the bath issue raises a red flag.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• mommy knows best. kids play in the shower and won't wash themselves correctly so mom makes them take bath.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 3:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• At this age there is nothing wrong with taking a bath or a shower and my parents insisted my sister and I bath together until I was 8 and she was 6 in an effort to save water. I think her response to you is a little suspicious though and I might look into it a little more especially since they made it quite clear they prefer showers.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010