How often do you spend outdoors per week?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Me personally? at least 4 hours, not including going from the house to the van. i'm sure that adds a few more hours but i'm not taking the time to think about it! lol
    my boys spend at least 3x the amount of time i do out doors.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• hmmm depends on the week... 15-20 hours? we like the sun! We go to the beach, zoo, to our pool, the park, our yard, and a couple outdoor malls when I need adult interaction..
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 2:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I work as a preschool teacher and weather permitting we usually spend at least one hour in the morning outside, so that is 5 hours during the work week. This weekend we are going to WhiteWater and will probably be there for about 5 hours and on Sunday we will be going river tubing so that would be another 3 hours. On average anywhere from 5-15 hours a week. Bring on the sunscreen and the vitamin D!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I love the outdoors. every morning i take my 30 minute walk, then i ride my bike or rollerskate to keep myself in shape.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 2:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• 30-40+. We spend most of the day outside.
    LilyJaneC

Answer by LilyJaneC at 4:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We are outside a few hours every day.... We take dd to the park, ride bike, go on walks, go swimming.. And that is not including weekends when we go to the Zoo.. I cant believe we havent been to the beach this year yet though :(
    We are in houston, tx so sometimes it is hard because its just so hot & hard to breath, so sometimes our time is limited to am & late pm activities.. Playgrounds are too hot & can burn mid-day..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Me, not much. I hate the heat. A few times a week I have to walk to the store. That takes 30 minutes. Every week I have a doctor's appointment that I have to take the bus to.
    My kids spend most of their day outside. If they are inside and whining about being bored I find chores for them to do. They are at the park right now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2010