Does Castor oil help to induce labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nope. it helps you poop out everything in your intestines and stomach almost instantly
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No, it gives you the shits and makes you want to die...

I would not recommend it. Anyone that says it actually worked for them was ready to have the baby anyway and it was a coincident. Besides, suppose it did work, would you really want to be shitting your brains out while in labor? I sure the hell wouldn't.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It doesn't work. Nothing really "works" unless your body is READY to have the baby. Why do you think so many inductions end in a c-section? If an induction works, it's generally because the woman's body was ready, or just about.

And think about it. You take the nasty stuff, and end up with a bad case of the shits. Even if you DID go into labor, do you really want to do so while losing your ass every few minutes? Gross. Srsly.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 2:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Not sure if it truly does induce labor, but I definitely had bad cramps all night long.... Unfortunately, I was induced a few days later. Always have a back up birth plan.
    crazypaizy11

Answer by crazypaizy11 at 2:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No and it's actually quite dangerous to use. It can severely dehydrate you and cause the baby to release meconium.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• IDK. I've heard it does. My sister took some, and she did end up going into labor. IDK if that was a coincidence or not.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't think soo!
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 4:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• NO! Alot of women say it gives you the sh*ts, it didn't even do that for me, it did nothing at all!
    shauna9909

Answer by shauna9909 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My sisters doc told her to take this and all it did was give her diahrea (sp?) for a day straight and didnt put her into labor and also it tastes nasty! I wouldnt
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 1:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010