What kind of shampoo do you use if you have hard water?

carsonsmommytam

Asked by carsonsmommytam at 2:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Health

• use a clarifying shampoo once or twice a week, pending on how bad the water is and the condition of your hair.

getting a protein treatment every other week will help keep nutrients in your hair.

if they minerals in the water are effecting the color of your hair, there are special toner shampoos that can help keep unwanted colors out of your hair.

ex: if you have blond hair, and water is giving it a brassy yellow tone, there is a silver toner shampoo (it's purple/blue based, to counteract the yellow), do not use daily, and pending on the porosity of your hair use it once a week to once every other week.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• honestly the best thing to do is run vinegar through your hair twice a week in the shower with hard water. i know how gross hair gets in hard water but the vinegar does work
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If you have your natural hair color and it is tinting because of the water, you can get a demineralizing shampoo treatment done as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I use Dove at home where we have hard water.

It's not HARD water I have problems with, it's soft water when we go to Florida to visit my mom. I CANNOT get the shampoo out of my hair! Any suggestions?
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 4:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I use Lush solid shampoo's. They have one for hard water but I haven't tried it because I have a water softener.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010