How long does bleach stay in your hair if you have it professionally done?

carsonsmommytam

Asked by carsonsmommytam at 2:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes it is damaging to your hair, so if you have darker or previously colored hair that is fine, or have hair that is damaged, I wouldn't recommend it. If you have a light shade of brown or blond that is natural, you may be able to use a high lift series that will be less damaging to your hair, however if you choose to go darker afterwards you may not have predictable results.

Yes you can color your hair after you decolorize it, however again it depends on the extend of damage done after decolorizing it. It may not hold color if your hair becomes over processed because of decolorization. There fore before decolorizing, or adding color after decolorizing, it's best to do a test strand to see how well your hair takes it.

If decolorizer is not left on until it reaches desired level you will have to use a toner and results may not be very effective.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• How long before you need it done again, you mean? It depends on how fast your hair grows, pretty much.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 2:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Until your hair is stripped of color. It is different depending on what color your hair is. It takes longer for black hair and red hair takes the longest. Once I bleached my red hair and my hairdresser was freaking out because my hair would just not get past the weird orangy stage. After an hour, she finally took it off and rinsed my hair and had to rebleach it... It took another 30 minutes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• a "bleach" or a decolorizer takes the pigments out of your hair. It's permanent.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• ummm..until your hair grows out hahaha. think about what happens when you get bleach on color cloths...same concept
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You may still want to tone after decolorizing anyways pending on the type of blond you are going for.

It's best to leave decolorizing to a professional

AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO ALONE!! (trust me, I'm a hair dresser and was still stupid enough to do it by myself, and it didn't take evenly).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• lol sleeping beauty...

I had a client once that had black hair that colored it black on top of it being black to cover grays. She wanted highlights. First she didn't mention it was previously colored. Lied and said it was virgin minus the highlights that were 6 inches away from her scalp.
    It took me 4 HOURS to decolorize her hair she wanted highlighted. Trust me I feel your pain.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010