My grandmother brings my DD toys EVERY time we see her..

I don't want to be rude, but A) we do NOT have room for a new toy every other week and B) I don't feel that it is appropriate to teach my DD that she gets a toy every time she sees my grandmother. I know she is just trying to be nice, but how can I ask her to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How about teaching her to give away a toy she does not use anymore each week when she gets the new toy. My son's great aunt does this and so far this is what is working for us. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Grandparents are supposed to spoil their grandchildren. That's just the way it is. They wouldn't be doing their job right if they didn't make that child feel like the most special, most loved child in the whole wide world. giving gifts are a side effect of grandparenting.

i agree with the first poster. have her pick out toys once a month or so to donate.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• maybe talk to her and explain she has so many toys you could say how about instead of a toy you give them an outfit or shoes. I know the child won't have fun with any of this stuff but it will be used not just piled in w the unplayed w toys making the pile bigger..Or say how about taking her to the park or movies or zoo stuff like that..
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010