How do you handle getting answers (in life, not CM) that you don't want?

I have a daughter who was born full-term and has spent her whole 5 weeks in the NICU. Daily we're getting new answers to questions about her situation... and a lot of them, well, suck. I'm getting a little overwhelmed using my normal coping strategies.

What works for you when life tries to kick you when you're down?

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 3:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• In one ear, out the other. Smile and nod. People are generally well meaning (at least IRL). There are people who have opinions on everything, regardless of how old your child is. Best of luck to you and your little one. The nicu is horrible :(
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Long, hot bubble bath and a massage.... or meditation... I wish your little one all the best! good luck to you all!
    MoB.Monk

Answer by MoB.Monk at 3:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• As much of a cliche as this is, just stay positive! I also try to stay really really busy to keep my mind off of things.
    I'm so sorry about your daughter. I wish you the best.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i attempt to practice Mindfulness. it's a Buddhist form of meditation. It works wonders for me. And i strongly encourage others to give it a try everyday for at least a week.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Music! Being around people who are positive which for me is my family! Having faith that everything will work out!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 8:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010