Anyone know of a social site geared towards moms that still puts them all on a level playing field?

I swear if I had the money, I would start my own social site for moms. Mine would not have voting of any sort. All moms would be able to give and receive advice as needed without judgement, there would be no need for an anon. answer click nor would it be provided. This new answers format is just another way to cause drama, and alot of women thrive on it (especially the SAHM's with nothing better to do all day). And FYI, I am one of those moms but I despise drama.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• funny how you said there would be no judging in your own happy little Mommy world ...but then you turn around and judge SAHM's LOL

but i do agree that this new answers section is only forming more clicks. especially as we all start to get into the higher levels and are able to use the anon and vote answers down and stuff.
    i see this getting very ugly.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have been looking for the same sorta site. I just recently found CM and I noticed day one that there are some superior attitudes around here, but so far the good out ways the bad for me so I am going to hang around until I can't take the drama anymore and seek out the site you speak of. There is a website called Ning.com where you can make a social networking site, if you make something over there, let me know.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 3:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Superior attitudes are going to exist anywhere. Ignoring the points system, the site is what you've described. I have yet to see any cliques formed that weren't already in existence before the changes were made.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You're right ginger but now the strongest cliques will have more power.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• wth SAMS with nothing better to do?

I think your question is "Just another way to cause drama" and i think you are "Thriving" on it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't like drama or females who think they are better than and or superior to the next person. I am fairly new to this site but notice the first day here some of the attitudes I described in my first response and that surprised me but didn't shock me.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 3:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• @ outstandingLove.....my world is very far from happy, although the mommy part of it is ecstatic (love being a mommy, every single part of it) it's the rest of my world that makes me angry, resentful and mean (at times, although I am honest and straight-forward ALL of the time and rarely intend to be mean). I try not to judge others for their opinions, I just find it hard to perpetuate stupidity. If someone makes a post and clearly states that they are doing something obviously stupid and harmful to their child or to anyone for that matter, I feel the need to state exactly that. I don't have the time nor wish to take it to gift wrap my advice and tie a little bow on it to soothe some vapid idiot. I get straight to the point!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 3:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i did not mean in your real life truthteller. i know little to nothing about you besides what you have provided on your profile. I was talking about this place that you wish to go to.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• hmmm...you can get that on here if you join groups aside from the CafeMom owned groups. The private groups everyone is level for the most part. At least all the groups that I am a member of. However, CafeMom mirrors real life, there's cliques in real life too. Oh yeah, and I have plenty better to do than sit her all day, not all SAHM's thrive off drama, I have enough of it in real life.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 5:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Im a SAHM... I just dont see all the drama here, or atleaste it has never affected me in all the stuff i post... Life is what you make it... Seems like you are doing exactly what you say you dont like... Your judging. and pretty much saying you dont like this site, yet are posting on it anyhow..
    If people really dont like this site, they can leave, no announcement needed.. People who have to are usually seeking drama or attention.. *hey look at me! im leaving! *arms flaying around*.....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2010