This summer what is your schedule like? What do you do at home and where do you go with the kids?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 3:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I plan on going to the Zoo and a couple of amusement parks, and The Aquarium of the Pacific.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We have swimming lessons and visit Grandma time on Tuesdays, organized park day on Friday morning, and some events at the library. At home we read (we are participating in 4 summer reading programs), play, watch documentaries...
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 4:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Wait for baby to come. In the mean time, since I'm no longer on bed rest, I will do whatever I can to get ready for it, spend as much time with DD as possible and try to relax.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Well, I have four kids with the oldest being 9 and the youngest is 6 months. So, we are busy with the kids activities but we also have some down time and time to play outside at home too! My oldest is doing Archery and the Summer Reading program through his school. He'll get to go see Toy Story 3 at the theater w/ other kids from school when he completes that. He also just finished a week at Day Camp. My second is doing T-ball this summer and the summer reading program at school as well.

My other two are too little for formal programs right now. We also attend a playgroup twice a month at the park. We went out to the lake a couple of times so far, and they are excited to go to the pool soon too. We might take a mini-vacation to a near-by city and stay in a hotel. Lots of fun playing in the sandbox and sprinkler here at home and getting together w/ friends!
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We don't have schedules in the summer. The kids get up whenever (long before I wake up), we eat when we realize we're hungry and, other than me telling them to turn the TV off every day, they are free to do whatever they want. I don't take them anywhere except to the grocery store to help me carry food home (we have no car and they all have to help carry groceries). My older 3 (7, 8 and 10) go to the park every day and my 4yo colors a lot. We're all just biding time until the baby comes in a few weeks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010