UTI caused by strep??

For some reason before I was pregnant I had 2 UTI's caused by strep. Now that I am pregnant I have a UTI again but my OBGYN keeps telling me everthings coming back negative...but that happened before when I wasn't pregnant one doctor couldn't find the strep and then I went to another and he found it. What causes UTI caused by strep? Will my baby be ok if they can't find it for some dumb reason? I swear I hate some doctors. Has anyone else ever had a UTI caused by strep???

lacimae19

Asked by lacimae19 at 4:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• So did they do the rectal swap? Cause its Group B strep that you are talking about. The UTI's if not treated can cause preterm labor. The GrB only causes a problem during labor. That is why all women are tested in the 3rd trimester. If you test pos for GrB they will give you antibiotics during labor.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't know all the answers to your question but as far as what causes a UTI caused by Step i can answer :) You have a bacteria called Streptococcus that is a normal flora (you always have it on you but as long as it is at a certain level it is fine for you, maybe even good for you. Its when it gets out of wack when you have problems) Good luck!
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 4:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2010