My baby's nose bleeded..

She's 3 months old. Her nose bleeded a few minutes ago. Just a little blood but should I be worried?

pipermomofash

Asked by pipermomofash at 5:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• where do u live?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm in Greece for a few days and it's been over 100 degrees since we got here..
    pipermomofash

Comment by pipermomofash (original poster) at 5:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• BLED...her nose bled. Sorry that really bothered me that you said "bleeded". If you are worried about her nose bleeding call her pediatrician. It could just be that the air in your house is dry. I am a frequent victim of nose bleeds and most of it has to do with dry air.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 5:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i wouldn't worry too much. i would definitely keep an eye on it though. saline spray seems to help a lot
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Sorry, bled!! :)
    pipermomofash

Comment by pipermomofash (original poster) at 5:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If it's just a little blood then I shouldn't worry.Both my daughters had problems with nose bleeding,especially in the summer months or when traveling by air.It could be she scratched herself a little with her fingers or maybe a change in temperature.I usually used a mild nasal cleansing spray to see whether her nose was clogged and to see if the bleeding continued.It never did after the first times.I f it bleeds too much or more than a couple of times ask your doctor.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 5:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If its dry where you are thats probably why. i got a lot of nose bleeds when i was little i live in arizona and its HOTTTT here like over 100 in the summer
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yeah you're right. It's 102 degrees in Athens right now. Thanks!
    pipermomofash

Comment by pipermomofash (original poster) at 5:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If its that hot hwer nose may be dry and when they are dry like that the slightest bump can irritate them and make them bleed. My DH has issues with that,. Try a spray of saline here and there :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010