What has your child(ren) taught you?

What has your children taught you about life or anything in general?

tanya777

Asked by tanya777 at 5:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• #1 breakfast for dinner is a viable option.
    #2 sleeping in until 12 or so is no longer an option.... and it makes for great weekends!
    #3 hugs and kisses can make your heart melt
    #4 What you were interested in just months before you were pregnant won't matter much months after.
    #5 Love comes in all shapes and sizes.
    #6 sometimes, a doctor's visit can be a mini vacation if you can get someone else to watch the baby for you!
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 3:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• That cancer can be beaten and fear is the biggest waste of your life.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Be patient and I never thought I could love someone or something so much before he came into this world.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 5:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• That I can accomplish alot in life and still be standing How to love unconditionally I never had a very hands on emotional mom so my daughters have taught me alot
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 8:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• unconditional love is the main one that comes to mind. Patience and understanding.
    Mommy31107

Answer by Mommy31107 at 6:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• How to be patient, caring, fun and REALLY energetic.. But the most important thing they've tought me is how perfect a mother's love for her children is.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• How to love unconditionally, and that if you don't think you can take one more minute, take a deep breath because this too shall pass.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• to slow down and enjoy the little things that i used to pass by. and that i'm not the end of the world.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My kids have taught me so so much! I would need to make a journal out of it instead of an answer.But I will try to narrow it down.
    #1- My kids taught me what real true love is.I had only thought I had felt love up until then.The moment they handed me my baby girl I knew then , that was real true love.I knew I cared more about her than myself and would gladly lay my life down for her.
    #2-Patience.I was always a rusher.Now I never rush.They taught me to take things slowly and enjoy life.
    #3-That I can do alot more than I thought I could.I was always told I couldnt do this or that.After having kids,I started discovering all kinds of things I can do .For one, I never thought I was smart enough to teach but I now homeschool my kids.regular school failed to teach my daughter how to read and i managed to teach her! lol and i am so so proud of that.She has asperguers
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• oh and my 7 yr old taught me that it is not wasting my day to cuddle up in bed and watch curious george every morning before breakfast.she also taught me that lady bugs,wiggly worms, and ants are not near as gross as i had thought.she taught me that every child is completely different.i thought all of my kids would be quite and calm like my oldest.well WRONG lol.my oldest was quit anc calm, my 2nd as wild as it gets ( kinda reminds me of the wild kid on the wild thornberries) lol and my 3rd baby is a comedian lol
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010