when did you know...

When did you know that you were in it for life with your husband?

bjane01

Asked by bjane01 at 8:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't remember the exact moment, but I knew the first time I met him there was "something" about him. I think I knew when he was willing to drive 6 hours one way almost every weekend to come see me when we were dating.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• By three years we knew the relationship was stable, so we decided to start having children then. But earlier than that, really, we just go very well together.

Answer by Bmat at 8:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Not married yet, but we have been together for 7 1/2 years but we are in it for life.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• When i got pregnant with my daughter and paid more attention to how he interacted with children and how supportive and involved he was being in our pregnancy. I knew he would be wonderful. I was right- today he is the most involved man ever. He loves his daughter more than anything and will do anything for her. He insists on being there for all of her firsts and i love it. Everything from first swimming, to first trip to a zoo and park, wanting to watch her play with kids. He is just amazing and i couldnt' have found a better husband and father to my children.
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We were married about 6 years. We had a year of hell. We bought our house, a week later my husband lost his father and his job. I had just delivered our third child, who was in the hospital. He was 8 weeks premature. We were going through a very difficult time. I remember one night, sitting on the livingroom floor, no furniture, no extra money, my husband lite some candles, poured a glass of wine for both of us ( wine his dad made) and we shared a tomatoe sandwich because we had very little for us to eat. He said, I can get through anything as long as you are by my side. We are now married 40 years and God has been good to us. Funny, today we are financially secure and can do almost anything we want, but I would relive that night if I could.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 10:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• When he told me he loved my not because i was pretty but because I am an eternal child. Not in a bad way i just dont take life to seriously.
    AmandaMichele

Answer by AmandaMichele at 8:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• When he kissed me
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 8:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't think there was an exact moment when I realized. I do know that there were a series of slaps in the back of the head. We had only been together a month when I got a sinus infection. He would come by on his lunch break to bring me things and to check on me. Another moment was when he drove across town around midnight to change my tire for me in my works parking lot. Then there was a time when I wanted him to come over and he was a couple hours away with his cousin at a concert. I threw the phone across the room because I couldn't see him. All he had to do was reel me in, but it was a two way street. He knew before I did.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The first time I saw him with my son. We had been dating a while, but when I saw him with my son, and the way they interacted and bonded I knew. It was cemented when right after we got married, I got a call about 5 AM the day after we got married that my Dad was sick and on his way to the hospital(we live an hour from my parents). My DH was dressed before I was, and handing me coffee as we got in the car. He was with me the whole time, and never once complained that we were spending our "honeymoon" taking care of my Dad.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Before we even started dating. He dropped off some papers from school (I had stayed home sick that day) and when my kids asked him to play tag with them, he said sure and stayed forever just playing with them. He was such a "tough guy" at school, I had never imagined he would be so good with kids!

Answer by missanc at 8:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010