Is the media going to far asking a mom stupid questions?

I'm watching the interviews regarding the missing boy Kyron in OR. Each station interviewing them sort of give them a hard time on waiting a week to speak up. Good grief, if my son was missing I'd be a basket case and couldn't talk to the media either. I'd be hysterical screaming like a crazy woman in the camera to the person who took him. Why pressure a grieving parent worried about their child into showing their face to the camera? When did we get so calloused to the feelings of parents? Do we just assume they harmed thier children and we want to "read" them on camera so we can judge them?

Asked by admckenzie at 8:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I hate the reporters who shove a microphone in some poor family member's face and ask, "How do you feel about your loved one's death?". What do they expect these poor people to say. "Oh, I'm so glad he/she finally kicked the bucket. I wish it could have been sooner." It is sensationalist journalism and I can't stand it. I wish the people who turn the question around and ask the reporter how the hell do you think I feel?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• well i would not have taken kindly to being treated that way if i had a missing child. but on the other hand, it's a proven fact that if your kid is kidnapped then the sooner you go to the media the better. it makes it harder for the kidnapper to think of the child as a 'thing' and it makes them think of them as a person so it's harder for them to hurt or kill them. i think i got that off of a dateline i saw about kidnapping and it makes sense to me
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Sad story, and they need to lay off mom.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I agree, Jesse
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It's no one else's business, plain and simple. I've had nightmares that something happens to one of my kids, and I wake up depressed.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The media have really turned into monsters. Everything is the blame game or the gotcha game. Sad
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I totally agree with you!!!! There is no way i would be able to talk to the media if my baby was missing...The media has NO respect for people...its so annoying!

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• IDK. I imagine with so much time passed by already they are feeling more investigative than as a delivery tool for information. I think they need to keep it cool so as to not hamper any investigations. I hope they find him, but with every passing day the chances go down.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I agree, Jesse. I've always been bothered by that kind of journalism. I once caught a clip on the news of a housefire. A mother was literally on her knees screaming for her child who was still in the house (the fire dept. was there) and a news reporter jammed a mike in her face. I thought, "WTF? Leave her alone!" Is there anyone in the WORLD who really needs to hear from her mouth how she's feeling at that moment? They can't figure it out on their own?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I can't even count how many times I've been watching the news and some reporter asks the dumbest questions I've ever heard. The media is all about sensationalism. They don't care about anything other than getting the scoop. It is a sad commentary on todays "journalists".
    Cheryl4424

Answer by Cheryl4424 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2010