whats the best thing for diaper rash?

stacy1403

Asked by stacy1403 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Boudreaux's Butt Paste. It's the only thing that ever worked for my dd.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 8:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Air. Let your child just run around for a while with no diaper. It should clear up fairly quick.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Use those butt paste. But, I personally don't use it repeatedly. I used it more in the beginning. I only use it if the redness is noticeably red. I make sure his behind is clean and DRY before wrapping him back into the diapers. Dry is the key. Once a while, you might have to open the diaper so you can air the baby's butt. Imagine if you have to wear a diaper, it gets kinda hot and sweaty in there.
    pvn34

Answer by pvn34 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• put vaseline on to prevent extra moisture from making rash worse, and then cornstarch (which will help heal what is already there).

one: it's cheap

two: it works better than most other diaper creams and typically faster. (DD clears up in a matter of hours, where with other creams it takes at least a day).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't have a baby to diaper yet but when I was taking care of my grandmother as she was in diapers, we used desitin. It worked very well. But we wouldn't do things like let her without a diaper because her incontinence was sooo bad. It got rid of rashes and we had to use it to prevent rashes.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I use corn starch n running naked! Make sure he is DRY b4 u put corn starch and a diaper on him. After doing that for most of the day I use a butt paste just b 4 bed and by morning hs fixed and happy. Corn starch is something my great great grandmother used and her daughters, right down to me! I swear by it my lil guy gets horrible red butt if he drinks too much apple juice. Its not a pretty picture in our house when we have a pooping screaming 1yr old. Good luck
    korbinsmommy208

Answer by korbinsmommy208 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I agree with Boudreaux's Butt Paste. It usually clears my boy up in one use! Thankfully he doesn't get diaper rash often, but whenever he does that's always the best bet! I've used Desitin, too, and it works alright, but butt paste works the best, IMO! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have always used Desitin and it's pretty good, it has always cleared up pretty quick. But I'm sort of paranoid lol if I see a little red I would put some on her. She got a terrible burn from the new pampers and she cried so much it was so sad, so I don't ever want her to have the same problem again.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• when my son had a really bad rash, gave him an oatmeal bath. I poured some old fashioned oats in a small sock, tied it up and crushed it, and let it soak under running warm bath water. did the trick every time!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Boudreaux's Butt Paste!!!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010