how do you tell someone you don't want their child at ur baby shower?

she is a good friend but I have watched her son a few times and he is out of control and she does nothing about it.. The shower is at my grandma's house and I don't want him running through the house on a rampage breaking anything.. When I invited her, her bf was able to watch him, know it looks like he is working that day and I just know she is going to want to bring him.. My mom already told her that if he gets out of hand she is going to ask my friend to leave which puts me in a hard spot but yet I don't want MY day stressed out with him! What do I do????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would tell her to leave the monster home, either way it looks like you would make her mad!!
    stacy1403

Answer by stacy1403 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would simply just say, "this isn't my program, someone is giving me a shower, and it's at their home. They've worked REALLY hard to make this a special day for me, and as much as it's not fun to say this to you, they'd rather not have children there, I'm sorry."
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:03 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Tell her, since it is at your grandma's house, you do not want any children coming, because your grandma's house is not child friendly.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 9:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Just tell her it's at your Grandmothers and she doesn't want kids.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• your mom told her if her son gets outta hand, she'll have to leave? i wouldn't be surprised if she chose not to come at all! what a disgusting way to treat a ''good friend''. if she's that good of a friend, she'll have no problem with your wishes, unless she's totally clueless because no one's ever told her that the child is out of control? surely, she knows this. however, if you want her at your shower, you're just going to have to put up with it, devil and all..for your friendship. you can step in and 'help' control him, you know. who knows? maybe your child will end up behaving like hers. :))
    have a good shower!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Are other children invited? I think you have to make the "no children" rule all together or let him come. Good luck!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If it were me, I would simply tell her, that everyone was being asked to come without kids, because my Grandma's house was not "childproof" and all the adults would be busy with the shower, so no one would really be able to watch them appropriately.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would say to her something like "its ok if you cant make since you can't find a babysitter we can always go out to eat one day"
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would simply tell her that this is an adult party and that you don't wish to have child present.

There are sometimes inappropriate gag gifts or jokes or games at baby showers that aren't always appropriate, and you want to eliminate that problem by being sure there are no children present.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I like the idea to say it's ok if you can't make it, we'll get together later or ask her over to your place afterwards. If she mentions bringing him explain that you aren't in charge of the shower, she needs to call whomever is throwing it and ask them if she could bring her kid. It's not your place to decide since it's not your home. Call and ask if she found a sitter, then work it all in....I hate being so bossy or saying things that sound awful and I hate being put in a rock and a hard place.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 10:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010