Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should I take them to doctors or keep eye on them over the weekend?

Both my girls had fevers of 102 for two days and today so far is fine (normal) last night my 5 year old said it hurt to swollow, but now she says it doesn't so I thought it might be strep throat. But now that it doesn't hurt I am not sure what it is. I tried to see if they had blisters in the back of their throats, but I can't tell they wont open there mouths wide enough and they wont keep their tounge down lol. So since they are fine today should I just wait until over the weekend to see how they are or should I go ahead and take them in? It will cost me 40.00 to take both them in. So this is why I am asking lol I hate to take them in and nothing is wrong with them. That is alot of money to give to say nothing is wrong then again what if something is wrong?

 
mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 25 (22,258 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • i would guess that there bodies have done what they need to do and a dr. is not needed.
    hopefully they are fine!
    happy2bmom25

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • Can you call your doctor and speak with a triage nurse, first?! Tell her their symptoms, and she'll let you know if it's something worth bringing them in for! :o)
    LoriKeet

    Answer by LoriKeet at 9:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • If theyre not complaining and not feverish, I would wait and see if the symptoms come back before taking them in.
    Aqua_Jen

    Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • If they are not feverish now without meds. I would just wait out the weekend. It could be viral and no meds anyway. If they were still running the fever then yes I would take them today.
    Iluvmy5

    Answer by Iluvmy5 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • can you feel any swelling underneath their jaw, towards their tonsil/throat area? if it is tender to the touch (they start squirming or 'ouch' away from your hands), there probably is something. i'd take them to the doc anyway.
    dullscissors

    Answer by dullscissors at 9:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • I'd take them to the dr as a just incase. Strep can turn more serious in a heartbeat especially in younger children. I wouldn't risk it.
    AngeLnChainZ

    Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 9:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • I would wait. If they are OK this morning then it will probably go away. How is their fever this morning?
    Cindy18

    Answer by Cindy18 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • Not feverish even with no meds now sounds like a good sign. I also would try to feel their glands in their neck as the above poster suggested. But if the fever comes back or the sore throat I'd take them.
    Bmat

    Answer by Bmat at 9:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • no fevers anymore my 2.5 year old was 98.7 I think and my 5 year old was 97.8
    mommy5409

    Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • if they aren't showing any further symptoms then no I would wait until after the weekend to get them an appointment if they still have some symptoms.

    If it out of the blue gets worse, then take them in. Honestly the doctors won't do much for them that you can't do at home, especially if the symptoms are receding.
    xxhazeldovexx

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

Next question in General Parenting
Is this a crazy name?

Next question overall (Kids' Health)
Teeth

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN