is it normal? tmi

i gave birth 9 months ago.. i still don't have a 'period' or i think i do. it bleeds every 3 weeks, instead of 1 week a month. the last one which still on, i started june 9th, and it stopped after a week.. but started again a few days later.. i'm thinking of going to the gyno, but it's kind of scary thinking it could be something bad, a friend of mine freaked me out saying icould be internally bleeding ;[

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• it may be taking a while for your body to normalize again. be sure that you are taking care of yourself. eat well, sleep well, don't over do it mama!
    congrats on your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I bled like that for about 5 months post partum. Its good that you're going to the dr about it. It is probably just your body trying to regulate itself but better to be safe than sorry. Im sure your friend is overreacting though.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes. Periods are not always regular, especially after a fluctuation of hormones. Lots of people take birth control just to somewhat regulate your periods. I am older, but will go several months without them, hoping it's my last and then, they start up again. I just wish they'd stop soon. I can't wait!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Breast feeding also effects your cycle in a big way. If you are breastfeeding it is normal to have no period or irregular spotting. Also if you are on some variety of birth control it can affect the frequency and flow of your cycle. For example shortly after my daughter was born I had a mirena IUD put in, I spotted for 3 months and then nothing.... for 4 years.
    WildatHeart918

Answer by WildatHeart918 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2010