Diaper Rash

My daughters 2 yrs old and she has what appears to be diaper rash but yet i went to change her this morning and her vagina is alittle swollen where the rash is too. Is this normal? Any suggestions?

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• The poor thing! I'd try to keep a diaper off of her and keep her dry for a few hours to see if that helps. I find A&D ointment to work well on my son's diaper rash. There is also a cream called Triple Paste that is great (albeit a bit expensive.) I'd keep an eye on the swelling and if it doesn't start to improve after a day, take her to your doctor. It could be something else.
    cbosch0426

Answer by cbosch0426 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• For sure let her air out as much as possible. Boudreauxs butt paste worked well for both of my DDs. Once my grandma used crisco and it worked too. like the PP said in about a day if its not better take her in for a check.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I agree I would keep a diaper off for a little while. I like pink saive that always seemed to help my girls. Not sure if it is spelled right though. You can find it at acme. It is hard to find so you have to know what you are looking for. If it doesn't go away then I would make an appointment since it can be something else.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Swelling is normal for rashes- but should be treated asap. Here's a LINK to homemade rash cream my dd's ped gave us a few years ago- I don't typically use diaper rash cream, but if my dd should get a diaper rash, this recipe has been VERY helpful!

..Sarah..

Answer by ..Sarah.. at 9:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I second the recommendation for Boudreauxs butt paste. I hope your little one clears up soon, and that she's not in any discomfort!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010