Did you know this? How do you feel about being mislead?

"If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan."

Throughout the long health care reform debate, that promise from President Obama was one of the few constants, made to reassure the bulk of Americans who already have insurance that the sweeping legislation would not have a downside.

But now that regulations about existing employer-sponsored plans have been issued, it's becoming clear that many of the 160 million Americans with job-based coverage will not, in fact, be able to keep what they currently have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No surprise here.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 12:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• That's not the way I am reading it. The biggest thing about it right now is that companies are still putting maxes on what they will cover if a person has a big illness such as cancer. They are trying to stop those maxes from occuring. Also, like me, my company was offering coverage that was so high no one could afford it. When I actually tried to get it, they were shocked and then told me, it was not available in my area. The nearest area was about an hour away. When I told them I needed it and that I was willing to drive an hour, they told me no. They could not give it to me. This is the stuff that I am excited to see being stopped. Will it? I'm not sure yet. But, at least there's a chance it will. Otherwise, I, like so many others, cannot afford coverage right now. I have nothing to lose!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Unfortunately, this falls under the header of "I told you so!" But too many of the Obama and "free health care for all" supporters didn't believe me or want to listen to the FACTS! Sorry, but "I told you so!" :o)

I have "told you so" on MANY other issues, in time many will see the light--but I fear it will be too late to do anything about it! Those who exercise their right to vote, need to start READING BETWEEN THE LINES, and brush up on their semantics skills!! Learn to speak and translate "politician-ease" and you'll do fine! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• They weren't going to be able to keep it from the beginning. There were too many slips of the tongue during the debate of UHC to let us know that was just a carrot being dangled. We would never get it. The new financial bill is also 2,000 pages long. I wonder what little goodies are in that we will have to endure like the UHC?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I support health care reform, public option, and would prefer universal coverage, and we already had excellent coverage. so much for assumptions.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I saw a recent article on this. I'll try to find the link.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I did know about this and if I had believed anything the Dems were saying about the health care bill I would feel really upset about it. Since I didn't believe what they said at the time, I figured it was just going to be a matter of time before something like this was announced. I just didn't think it would happen this fast.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh, and this isn't really a surprise, it's been all over news. Just usually 2nd or 3rd page news.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm sure we will discover plenty more surprises in the coming months.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010