How old were you when you got your first pet?

What kind of pet was it? Did you take care of it all by yourself? Did it live long?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 9:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pets

• My first pet was a dog, a beagle, at age 11. My mom helped take care of him, and he lived until he was 9. He died of kidney failure =(
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• 18months. My mom and I went to the pound and picked out a dog, because my mom wanted a dog to protect me -- she says I was so cute she was terrified someone would break in and try to kidnap me lol
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The first pet that was really "ours" was a hamster, when I was about 7. We always rented, so it wasn't until 6th grade, when my parents finally bought their own home, that I was allowed a real pet - and I got a cat that year. We still have her, but she "belongs" to my sister now because I couldn't bring her to college with me, and by the time we were in a place that let us have pets my sister wouldn't part with her! (we got a dog, though!)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2010