Hair pulling!

How do I get my 10 month old to stop pulling my 2yrs hair? I tell her no and redirect her but everytime my 2yr is laying down or sitting on the floor my 10 month old will walk/crawl over to her and pull her hair! I dont know what else to do.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's normal. The 10 month old doesn't understand that it hurts your 2 year old. We had this problem with my kids were a little younger. We just kept redirecting. Also, if the baby started to reach for the other child's hair, I would say "You're not supposed to do pull hair." just to let her know that I was watching and it wasn't acceptable behavior. It only took a few weeks for her to stop trying. Every once in a while she'll try again...but that's normal sibling play/fighting

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 9:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i don't know either!
    i had a little chuckle when i read this though!
    my first two kids were boys, and the younger one used to take the older ones sippy and hot wheels at about the same age!
    those younger ones sure do learn early don't they?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010