At 19weeks. I am having pain on my left side &...

At 19weeks. I am having pain on my left side & it goes around to the back some times but also the pains move to the right. It just started a few days a go. and it didnt feel like a cramp like my period it was worst it was on for 5 mins then off for a while then back on. I called my Doctor and they said to drink a lot of water. Is anyone else having this? If so what is this pain and will it go away? This is our "Mircale Baby" I am just a little scared... Thanks

Nichcole

Asked by Nichcole at 9:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like round ligament strectching. It will be ok and fluids will help ease the pain.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I hope and pray so. B/c I read all kinds of stuff on the web and it scares me. I am not bleeding. I go in next week for my 20 week ultra sound. My mom asked me if I had a heart montior and I cant find a good one for a good price.. Thanks for getting back to me so fast.
    Nichcole

Comment by Nichcole (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• just to feel better I would call your doctor hon. Not that I think something is wrong but better safe than sorry. good luck and congrats, I have a miracle baby too :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Normal. round ligament pain. But talk to your doctor about it next time you see him.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Depending on the intensity of pain I would guess kidney stone. I have had kidney stones since I was 13 and they occur int he area you are describing and the pain can be referred sometimes (switch sides). They also are very common during pregnancy, I had four individual stones during my pregnancy. The intensity of kidney stones is like nothing else. Drinking water would be one of the recommendations to help the stones along.
    WildatHeart918

Answer by WildatHeart918 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I actually have that problem also.I will be 20 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I get sharp pains on either side and sometime really low in my uterus. i went to my obgyn and she said the were normal pains or sometimes called " stupid pains". lol. She said sometimes pains just occur but not to b to worried, but yopu still will probaly want to talk to your doctor to feel more at ease.
    rachele2369

Answer by rachele2369 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010