Which holidays do you like to decorate your home for?

Do you only decorate your home (inside and outside) for the major holidays like Christmas and Halloween, or do you also decorate for the "lesser" holidays--like Easter, Independence Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, as well as seasonal displays?

How "decked out" do you get?!

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 9:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• I decorate all yr for each ...
    Fall ... my Fall wreaths come out along with window clings and the inside mantle gets decorated...
    Halloween... inside and out including a Halloween tree ( and since I am Pagan it is a special Holiday for me)
    Thanksgiving ... the Turkey decorations come out and often most of the Fall and some Halloween decorations are still up
    too...
    Christmas ... It's all over then. LOL... I start day after Halloween (even tho I have turkeys up...lol) and 23 windows, many trees, and more start going up...inside and out...
    News Years ... I add a few things inside only...
    Mardi Gras .... I hang beads in windows... my grandson and I made Mardi Gras masked and we put them up as well ea yr.
    Easter... inside and out... I have a 3 ft wooden Easter bunny that goes outside...
    All Patriotic Days/Holidays we have mini flags along with our larger one that stays out ... nothing usually inside for those...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I decorate for all of them :)
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I go all out for Christmas and Halloween. I didn't even really realize until this year that I have no Easter decorations, so next year I will make a bigger effort to decorate for that too.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have a red, white, and blue ribbon on my front door for the 4th of July. I don't do much for lesser holidays but I do pull out a few decorations for Halloween and Thanksgiving, and go all out for Christmas.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I just decorate for Christmas. When I have picnics in the summer I'll use red white and blue plates, but that's the extent of my "decorating."
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We decorate for Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Just Christmas and Halloween (and even Halloween we only do a couple of small things, nothing big like for Christmas).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I dont do a things. last year was the 1st time we got a tree and it was a fake one thats like 3 feet tall lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• my core decorations fall into these categories: spring, summer, fall, and xmas. the first three seasons various changes are made to accommodate different 'holidays'. but xmas is all xmas!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• sometimes I put window clings out for St Patricks day,Valentines day, I bought heart shaped candy dishes I haven't used yet(we're remodeling the livingroom) I have Easter bunny statues I put out, and a flag, I love the 4th of July so I put flags, a house that looks like firecrackers explode over it I got from Avon, red/wh/blue bows out, window clings...Thanksgiving statues of turkey, Indians, Pilgrims, haybales, scarecrows in the front and pumpkins...then tons of Halloween stuff, Christmas stuff, I like to do something for New Years...My neighbor down the road does a cute porch decor for seasons and holidays. I just have seen alot in my life and wanted to do it as well.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 10:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2010