I know Al Gore is a sleezy guy, but

do you think the charges against him are true? It has been 3 years. Why did it take this woman so long to muster enough nerve to give all the details? I live in NC, and the Duke lacrosse team case makes me leery of accusations like this.

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I can see that two ways, one scenario is that she's a gold digger who got cold feet a few times. The other is that she had some compelling reason to withdraw her complaints - whether that reason was shame, fear or physical threats against herself or her family, we may never now unless this makes it to a court.

Let's face it - we're talking about an old school political couple here. If someone were to threaten her it would be just as likely to be someone from Tipper's office as Al's. They both had a stake in protecting his public persona. Now they're splitting and she's not scared anymore? Perhaps Tipper's people were the ones to offer some encouragement. Publicly, Tipper says "oh no, not possible" and when she gets to court she starts scoring points as the woman keeps coming up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• are you referring to the rumors he cheated? if yes, both he and wife deny the allegations. I think its just too bad that after 40 yrs they couldnt make it work.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yeah, I know. I think many people were shocked by the split between him and his wife and were looking for a REASON for why after 40 years they suddenly split. This womans accusation makes people think that maybe this is something that the Tipper knew about and led to the end. OR that maybe he has done this (sexual advances and such) OTHER times. Ya know? Whether it's TRUE that he is guilty of those sexual advances or not remains to be seen. It's a sad thing all around. I feel bad for Tipper because it HAS to be embarrassing!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Apparently she originally reported this is 2006, but changed her mind a withdrew the charges.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think a lot of people were so shocked when the news of their split came that when THIS news came it gave them a reason! People can sit back now and say "well there you go, another sleazy politician". I dont know yet if I believe the girl. I wouldnt be SHOCKED if it was true, but I will wait it out a little longer before I fully believe...
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Momof, it's not the split. He is being accused of sexually harrassment and demanded sexual favors.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• She may have felt badly because of his marriage, but now it's dissolved...and not because of her. I probably would've kept quiet for a while too
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm talking about the masseuse who has accused him of unwanted contact.

http://www.theprovince.com/entertainment/Gore+accused+sexually+harassing+masseuse+2006/3196880/story.html
    jesse123456

Comment by jesse123456 (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wasn't shocked by the news of them splitting. He's a polititcian.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010