Do you leave your Christmas lights up year round?!

I always find it funny when people leave their icicles and other "easy to reach" Christmas decor up year round, when they don't otherwise use them as patio lights when having parties or barbecues! Why is that? Is it really that much of a time saver, not having to hang your lights each year? And don't you have to rehang them when the bulbs burn out? Just wondering! :o)

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 9:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• Nope! There was a house on my way to work that did until they started to fall down (i think the clips holding them up were breaking) and now they have a strand of those big blue blubs going around their house! TACKY!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It's not allowed in the apartment complex where I live. I think it looks really tacky when people do that. If they can be bothered to put them up, taking them down shouldn't be a big deal.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• no...the only lights up yr round are a plain strand on my patio that happen to be white so they work for holidays and night bbq's. but nah...no giant santa ont he roof hee hee.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No lol
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We usually take ours down the start of January. We got a newsletter from our association one year in July asking people to take down their Christmas decorations. I guess enough people had theirs still out, they needed to send out a newsletter about it.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 10:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh Heaven's no, too me I think it looks redneck to leave them up all year and then the ones that have them on in August, HA!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No. My husband, on the other hand, tries to leave them up every year. It drives me insane. I want them up on Black Friday, down by New Years Day.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No I don't leave them up all year long. My luck they would be burnt out by the time I went to use them the next year and I would have to take them down and replace them anyway! But my neighbor does leave his on his tree in his front yard all year around! I don't think he ever did it before, but he did leave them up this year. He doesn't turn them on, and with the leaves on the tree, you can't really tell unless you really look though.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We never leave our lights up all yr. To me honestly it looks tacky, but to ea their own...
    If we decide to put up lights we do it either before Thanksgiving or just after (usually we have a warm day around then) and the lights come down 1 week after New Yrs. The only thing that had to stay in the ground (bc it was frozen) was my wooden stakes for our outside lighted tree, but as soon as the weather broke, they came out...
    Also keeping your lights up yr round, doesn't really benefit them either, during hotter days causes discoloration and also causes bulbs to blow...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010