When you were TTC..

Did you take Folic Acid
A regular prenatal Vit or
Nothing?
My dr proscribed Folic Acid and it's 50.00 I have no problems buying it, but I was just wondering if taking a prenatal would be the same thing and a bit cheaper. TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I never took anything while I was ttc. The first two pregnancies we had no problem conceiving quickly...the last time it took a little longer than normal, but I don't think it had to do with taking anything or not.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I am TTC#3 and took and am taking prenatal vitamins. You are supposed to take Folic Acid because it can prevent some birth defects.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Prenatals have folic acid, but not as much as what your doctor probably prescribed. I just took prenatals and so far everything looks good.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 10:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• A prenatal vitamin for at least a month before i even started to TTC
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I take prenatal vitamins, and if I don't take that (for whatever reason) I take folic acid. If your doctor wrote you a prescription it must be because they believe folic acid is more of what you need to take for you and your baby.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 3:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010