repeat question- coconut allergy

do you have a coconut allergy?
if you do, or know someone that does, what could be used for soap, and laundry detergent?
is your allergy from ingesting the coconut, or coming into contact with a coconut product or both?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Health

• samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I am allergic to coconuts I use irish spring or dove bar soap.. never had a problem with soaps though?
    Mine is weird I used to not be able to come in to any type of contact with it but now I can use tanning lotion with coconut in it but I can't use the burts bees chap sticks with coconut in it because my lips will blow up, I can't eat it either though.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• my daughter reacted to burt's bees lotions, shampoo and babywash as a baby, and i was hoping once she turned 2, she wouldn't be as sensative. all soaps make her break out, almost all soaps have coconut or a coconut product in them. sodium laurel sulfate is made from coconut, and so is vegetable glycerin! kiss my face makes an olive oil soap that i am nervous about trying, i heard it is messy!
    i am going to check that link out now samurai!
    happy2bmom25

Comment by happy2bmom25 (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010