wearing jewelry from an ex?

Do you, or would you wear jewelry an ex gave you?

So many necklaces, earrings and rings, are things my exhusband gave me. I obviously don't wear my wedding ring or anymore, but the other things I do wear occassionally.

soccerchik8287

Asked by soccerchik8287 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't wear any of the rings or anything that my ex fiance gave me, but I did have the diamond removed from my engagement ring and put into a necklace. I don't even have the setting anymore, I have no idea what happened to it. Everything else he gave me was personalized (either with our initials or our names) so I just use the diamond.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't. But that's because I'm just soo in to video games that I'd probably pawn it off and throw a wii party! LOL!
    NewLady77

Answer by NewLady77 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No. I re-set the gemstone jewelry he gave me, and sold the yellow gold, and things I just didn't want to be reminded of, towards the cost of resetting and designing new pieces.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Having it redesigned is great!! Also can sell some on ebay if you want to get rid of it. 14K is doing well there now.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yeah, i use them sometimes. Some of them I'm going to give to DD when she grows up. I'm NOT going to throw away the 24k massive gold bangel, that shit is worth a fortune! I don't care that it came from my ex...LOL DD wil have that when she gets older.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Sure I would. I see no reason not to... I still have lots of things my ex's gave me. No jewelry, but I have candle holders, stuffed animals and other stuff. I like them, that's why they bought them, why would I get rid of them just because I don't like the guy who gave them to me? He may be a piece of crap, but the stuff he gave me is still good...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• His mom gave me gold that his ex gave back when she broke up with him. So I cashed it in for money and made $100.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I keep it all if I like it!
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010