Would you...

Would you ever take 2.5 year old and a 14 month old to a water park? We're supposed to go this afternoon but someone told me I was crazy. We're going with 2 of my friends who each have a 2.5 - 3 year old. There is also another 1 year old going. This isn't a HUGE park like Schlitterbaun, but there should be quite a few people there because it's a Friday.

KaroGreenly

Asked by KaroGreenly at 10:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it would depend on a lot of things. Do they have things that children your age will really enjoy? Or is everything geared for older children? If they have a wading pool that is shallow enough for toddlers, then I see nothing wrong with taking them for a little while. If it's as hot where you are as it is where I live, I would not want them to be out very long in the extreme heat of the sun.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes, why not? just br vigilant of all of them at all times.

Answer by older at 10:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I did it. It was great!
    NewLady77

Answer by NewLady77 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes I would! Just make sure to get a shaded spot if possible so your little ones can take a break from the sun.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yeah, just keep a close eye on them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would, they usually have a toddler/kiddie section and pool.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think they will both be doing the same things so it shouldnt be bad. justbe prepared to be exhausted lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Mommy_0f_many - there aren't really any shady spots there...from what I can tell from videos/pictures. But, we're taking hats and sunscreen and we will be making frequent trips to rest in the "shady area"

BradenIsMySon - they have a 50,000 gallon toddler pool area. I think that I was told that I was crazy because of the number of people that are going to be there.

KaroGreenly

Comment by KaroGreenly (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My 2 1/2 year old LOVES water, so of course I would! I never let my boy away from me, though, so I wouldn't be that worried about lots of people - I always have a good hold of him!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would as long as they had an area for young children (most do). You just need to be careful and watch them closely, and of course bring plenty of sunscreen and water to drink!
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010