Lost marker tops?

What do you do when your child lost the top to a marker and you can't find it? Are there any secret things you can use for a top to prevent the marker from drying out? My 2yr old has a talent for making tops disappear and I hate just letting a good marker go to waste! :)

soccerchik8287

Asked by soccerchik8287 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We use the plastic wrap. We just wrap up the whole marker. When she uses the marker again, she just unwraps it and sets the wrap to the side and puts it back on when she's done. It lasts for a while.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• eh, don't have a clue, i just throw them away, and tell him the more tops he loses, the less markers he'll have! i think its finally sinking in, as i haven't had to throw them away as much lately.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We keep all our markers together in one of those ziploc bags that have the zipper top. All the markers stay juicy even when the top comes off and keeps marker mess right in the baggy instead of in a drawer.

Too bad the marker companies don't sell just the marker caps in the same aisle with the markers {zing!} :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I just throw them away. Too much hassle to try and keep them with a substitute top lol
    Ljensen09

Answer by Ljensen09 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Try saving tops from markers that you throw out. I've tried foil wrapping.

Answer by Bmat at 10:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010