In a rut

How do I break yet another weight loss plateau?
I don't eat more than 1300 calories a day, drink soda extremely sparingly, cut out almost all sugars and refined flours, I drink water, eat fruit and veggies, don't eat red meat. I work out 6 times a week. I've lost 25 pounds so far, but I still have 31 pounds to lose to meet my goal.
I started at 166, am now 141, goal weight is 110.
Any suggestions for me?

UxorQuodMatris

Asked by UxorQuodMatris at 10:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I did that and it said 1280 :(
    But that was at 166, so I'll try again.
    And thanks!
    UxorQuodMatris

Comment by UxorQuodMatris (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Try interval training. It is doing short bursts of really challenging exercises or just switching your workout routine- your body gets use to exercises after you do them for awhile. http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/interval-training-ufp-09-workout-3

Also, you might be eating too little to lose weight. You should check with your DR. to see what is the best "diet" calorie intake for your body type and activity level.
    CarolBeazeman

Answer by CarolBeazeman at 10:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thank you for answering, I do have an appointment next month. Maybe that will help.
    I try to alternate different types of cardio and include circuit training. I should probably throw in free weights as well.
    UxorQuodMatris

Comment by UxorQuodMatris (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I completely agree with Carol. I LOVE interval training, do a google search there are a TON of research out there about it. Also try eating small meals/snacks throughout the day every 2 hours or so. Try to keep them at around 100 calories or so. This will help keep your metabolism going at a steady pace which will help burn more calories. One more tip... I read somewhere that if you break up your interval training into smaller sessions throughout the day, for instance doing 10 minutes in the morning, afternoon and evening, it will keep your body burning fat throughout the day as well.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Congrats on your weight loss so far--that's inspiring! I agree with the above posters about interval training. I actually just purchased Turbo Fire which features HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), you should check it out too--we can start a challenge together. www.fit4apurpose.com
    gotfavor

Answer by gotfavor at 1:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I am curious to how tall you are. Also what do you do during your workout? I would recommend 30 mintues of cardio and follow with strength training. Work out a few muscle groups, like your bicpes and tris, etc...and rest those muscles on the next day. Vary your cardio so that your body doesnt adjust to it. Try rowing...that is a full body work out. Try a class if you have never tried one. You may need to change up your routine. Also dont cut out all your carbs since your body needs them to function properly. Sweet potatoes are great for you, apples, pears, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, whole wheat bread. Just keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat and its only healthy to lose NO more than 2 lbs a week. Other wise its proven to go back on where as slower weight loss lasts!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2010