Do you keep your cereal in the original boxes or do you put them in plastic containers???

I'd love to put mine in those "pop-top" containers, but they're kinda expensive.....what do you do with them?

TimandMely4ever

Asked by TimandMely4ever at 10:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't buy the boxed cereals, the bags are less expensive. And with my kids, they can also be quite messy if they aren't poured just right. So I put the cereal in pop-top plastic containers. I found mine at Walmart, I think they cost about $5.00 for 3 of them (various sizes - I use the largest for cereal and the 2 smaller ones for other things).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I keep cereal in the original boxes. I make sure the plastic is rolled down tight and the box is closed
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We put ours in plastic containers, I have a paranioa that bus are going to get into anything and everything. So everything in my house has to be sealed airtight.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Cereal does not last long enough to worry about transferring it LOL
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• After having a weevil infestation about 15 years ago I now keep cereal in a plastic container.

Answer by Bmat at 10:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Plastic pop top containers.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 10:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I keep them in the bags but now that i saw this question, i might buy the plastic containers! Those sound much better
    Ljensen09

Answer by Ljensen09 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i agree with the first post cereal never last long in my house so i dont transfer them
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 10:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I use the plastic gallon icecream tubs for our bag cereal. Stick a measuring cup in there and it's easy and not so messy to make a bowl of cereal.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• even with only 2 eating cereal around here, it doesn't often last long enough for it to go stale.
    I make sure that the inside bag is rolled tight after each use and usually don't have problems,
    but have used the plastic containers also if I buy the cereal in bulk...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010