What do you use to keep your tile floor clean?

I have a Swiffer wet-jet, but it only does "little jobs". When I mop, it seems like within just a couple of hours the floor is filthy again (I have 3 kids and a German Shephard!) What do you use when you mop? Do you have a Sweep/Mop routine that you stick to?

TimandMely4ever

Asked by TimandMely4ever at 10:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i use a steam mop. i use it almost daily in the summer. i have to vacuum my kitchen/ dining room floor at least once a day, and spot sweep at least after each meal!
    i have a few kids!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I use vinegar, hot water, and just a splash of dish detergent. The vinegar stops the floors from getting the waxy looking cleaning product buildup.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Vinegar with hot water and about 5 drops of orange or lavender essential oil. Once the vinegar smell evaporates we're left with the scent of the essential oil. With 3 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats and 1 husband (who works out in the field), I need to mop my kitchen floor daily. And I scrub the floor once a week.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• For daily mopping, I just use white vinegar & hot water. Sometimes I add a few drops of an essential oil (love satsuma oranges). For a really deep clean, I use my steamer.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I just use plain hot water, and sometimes a bit of vinegar.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 10:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I use pine-sol and sometime ammonia.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Ammonia with a dash of dish detergent is what I use. Cleans well, and it's cost efficient.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 10:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010