Are Siberian Huskies good with kids?

I've always wanted one since I was little but I have 3 boys now and I don't know how they are with children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pets

• Huskies are good pack dogs, meaning they do well in a family kind of environment. But they can be strong willed and they need to be dominated (that's not as bad as it sounds, they just need to know where they fall in the "pack", who's boss, etc.) They're very intelligent dogs, and they need a lot of exercise, but they're loyal from what I know, an have good dispositions/temperaments usually. Our dog's only part husky, but we want huskies so badly, lol. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Huskies generally have very good, loving dispositions and are good family dogs. They do, however, need to be taught to respect the children - they should be scolded for being rough with the kids.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We have a Husky, she's wonderful with our children. They are wonderful family pets, they aren't aggressive, they don't bark a lot, and are very loyal. They aren't known for being watch dogs so when you have friends, or family over they don't have the stranger instinct. The only thing I feel you should watch out for is they love to run, so when you take him/her out it's best to keep them on a lead. Any other questions feel free to ask! Google them, do your research, I think you will be very happy with one...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My good friend had a Husky and she was awesome with the kids. The only problem is that Huskies are 'runners'. Given the chance to get loose they will run and run and run....away from you. My friend ended up re-homing her because she had a toddler and was pregnant and just couldn't deal with chasing after that dog.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010