What's going to be in style for school clothes and accessories this year?

My daughter is starting high school in August. She's suddenly outgrown most of her clothes, so it's time to start thinking about school clothes shopping. Do you know what's going to be cool this year? (I use the word "cool" on a regular basis, so obviously I'm a little out of the loop!)

Thanks!

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• This winter teen styles are all about rock music - featuring leather, studded details, ruffles, and lace. The trends are of course taken from this season’s runway shows, but they have a more youthful feel to them.

Other major staple and must have trends for the season include, plaid, skinny jeans, ponchos, fur vests, animal prints, cozy sweaters, and shirts featuring lions and tigers.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i dont know but i hope the boots are still in style....i have a almost 6 year old girl...and i found this winter those boots were a major money saver. my little girl grows out of her jeans sooo fast. but this year the style was jean tucked in to the boots...that was awesome because when her jeans and pants got to be high waters but were in otherwise good condition i would tuck them in to her boots and voila no one knows her jeans are high waters and i got my moneys worth out of them as well!!! i know that is tricky but as a single mom that was an awesome way to make my clothes budget for her to stretch!!
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 10:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think kids should pick out there own stuff to a point my kids love my things so we go shoping togher,its fun sometimes we dont see eye to eye but after she trys it on she knows I know whats right.
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My daughter is also starting high school this fall and she mainly just shops at hollister, abercrombie and american eagle. She just started liking forever 21, which I'm kind of glad because their stuff is pretty cheap, but also somethings can be pretty sleazy too. If Hollister, Abercrombie and American Eagle weren't so expensive I would rather have her stick with them because there stuff is cute and preppy.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• hahaha where i live there wont be a choice for the kids...its plain kacki pants with a type of polo shirt...with really dorky shoes and well thats about all...im so not looking forward to this new dresscode but hey at least we dont have to see tail crack when we visit the school or boobs and all kinds of other body parts!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Well, the school fashion for my son's high school will be Red, white or navy polos and Khaki or navy dress pants. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't know my kids haven't really gotten n 2 that stage yet.
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 10:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanks!

I do agree she should pick out her own stuff to some extent. I'm mostly wondering if there will be any styles we can agree on. I can handle the "rock" look if it's cute and not too rough looking. I'm also liking some of the 80's inspired things, and my daughter likes them too if I keep my mouth shut about having had almost the exact same outfit when I was her age! I hate the skinny jeans!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Comment by TweenAndTwinMom (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanks Stacey! My daughter does have a few tops from Hollister and Amercian Eagle. I like American Eagle best because the store actually has light! I hate going in those stores that seem like nightclubs, especially when we have to bring the younger ones along.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Comment by TweenAndTwinMom (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• All I ever see are jeans and t-shirts. Mind you, they are the expensive jeans and t-shirts.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010