• In the Spotlight:

Why do I have to sacrifice 3 points to report an answer?

Why do I have to give up three points to report an answer? I know it said that if the CM team agrees with me then I'll get my points back. But, what if something offends me but the CM team thinks that I'm overreacting? I'm assuming that it's to prevent people from humping the abuse button all day long, but I can assure you that I'll be 10x less likely to report anything that deserves to be reported because I would be afraid that they'd look at it and think that I was overreacting.

KaroGreenly

Asked by KaroGreenly at 10:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I'm not sure, but I hate it when other people try to decide what should be offensive to me or not.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• does it REALLY matter about the points? I mean if it seems truly offensive or abusive to you then report it...otherwise jsut laught it off and move on I guess
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I hate this whole new Answers thing. I'm trying to give it an honest chance but I think it's a bunch of crap.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't care about the points, I'm just going about this 'new section' as if it were the old one. If something offended me, and I reported it, I wouldn't mind to lose the points. But usually if something offends me, I just click out of that page.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 5:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• That's odd. It could b some people just don't like certain people and maybe they like 2 turn each other in just 2 b mean.
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 10:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• "but I can assure you that I'll be 10x less likely to report anything that deserves to be reported because I would be afraid that they'd look at it and think that I was overreacting."

I totally agree, and hope it's just a bug that they work out soon.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• xxhazeldovexx - I don't think that it's a bug. When I clicked "report answer" there was a little pop us that told me if I proceeded, I would lose 3 points.

KaroGreenly

Comment by KaroGreenly (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• hmmm. I guess this is just CM's efforts to deal with the drama.
    NewLady77

Answer by NewLady77 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Well they're just points, you can answer one question and get those 3 points right back. I don't really see the big deal.
    youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't really care about the points or any of the new "games." I will continue to answer questions to help people and post questions to seek answers and advice. And if I'm offended I will not hesitate to report an answer. Although I can totally see where it would be annoying if you did like the new game side of CM.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010