What size clothes/shoes does/did your 5 1/2 year old girl wear?

Ki has outgrown all her size 5 and most of her size 6. She's now wearing the size 7 or 7/8 in most clothes (dresses, jeans, shirts) with the adjustable waist cinched up, size 8 in undies after the size 6 about cut her in half and size 13 in shoes.
It just seems like she's bigger than most kids her age around here and I always thought the clothing sizes went by age. Does it not once you get out of the baby section?
I'm not saying there is a problem with her wearing bigger clothes, I'm just curious what the average is for girl's her age.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I thought the same thing as you did, that size matched with age. Then I had my daughter and she is TALL (and is constantly getting confused for a kindergartner)! She's only going to be 4 in September but is in a size 6 or 7 for most everything. I give up trying to find clothes to fit her in most stores, I make a lot of her stuff now. Sorry I can't help with a daughter who is the same age.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I make most of my daughters clothes.
    In pants she is in a 6 slim if I am lucky enough to find those.
    In tops she can wear a 4T.
    Her dresses I can't find that fit her top but are long enough so I make those
    Oh she is 5 1/2
    katandjohnmommy

Answer by katandjohnmommy at 10:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My daughter is super skinny. In shorts she wears 12 m-3T but, they are short on her. Shirts she wears 6, pants 6 slim, shoes 12, undies 2t-4t. Clothes sizes go by brand and size of the child, if she is bigger than average than she is going to wear bigger clothes. Dresses I buy her size 7 because I want them to go past her knees. I want to learn how to make them though.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• she is in a 6x , and size 11 shoe ☆
    babonwy

Answer by babonwy at 10:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2010