How old do you think is old enough to start playing Nintindo Wii?

We have a 3 year old son and know of some people who DO let their very young children play all kinds of video games. We were in Babies R Us the other day and saw a little boy at least a year younger than ours carrying a Nintendo DS. We thought it was RIDICULES!

We don't think we are hurting our son by NOT allowing him to play games... he can learn to play with his imagination WITHOUT the tv.

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 10:39 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 3
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 10:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• As soon as they can figure out the Wii remotes. A little game play won't hurt.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't think it would do any harm if you monitor the games he plays on the wii.Maybe a bit too young for a ds
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My 3 yo loves Mario Kart on the Wii. She earns a 1/2 hour of game time for doing her chores, or making it to the potty accident free all day.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't think 2 or 3 is too young to play a video game but it seems a little too young to own their own.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• if they won't break the controllers then I say it's fine...not all day of course but seriously why not for a little while-
    at a certain point though the games frustrate them more than anything so that becomes a pain but then my son is 14 and that still happens! :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We all play Wii together as a family on Sunday afternoons with our 4 and 2 years old. I would not let them play alone or during the week. There is really no need for children that young to have "video game" time, but we love and always have a lot of fun playing as a family.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• my 2 y.o. plays....she loves it☆
    babonwy

Answer by babonwy at 10:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The Wii has active games too. Not all video games are sitting on your butt in front of the screen. Wii Fit can actually be a really good exercise, as can some of the other games they have available.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 10:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We have a wii and we play as a family and have been teaching my 3 yearold how to do some of the wii fit games. They work on balance and a remote does work on hand eye cordination. I figure if they well round themselves what does it hurt? I have a straight A 13 yr old who is sarcastic as they get, and the few friends she has will be with her till the end and she lives on the computer but can make anime cartoons. Now is that whats best for my 3 yr old - no, she is in dance and her chores are cleaning her room, dusting and helping her sister unload the dishwasher. so yep a little wii time doesnt hurt her at all.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010