Does anyone know if VCFS (Velocardiofacial Syndrome) could cause a child to wet the bed?

My friend's son has VCFS. He is 8 years old & wets the bed. He won't get up in the middle of the night to even change his wet chothes, so she thinks he's just lazy. I'm wondering if his condition may have anything to do with it. Anyone know about VCFS or have any suggestions on how to get an 8 year old to get up and go?

Asked by crazysocks830 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• honestly sounds gross but have them put a bottle like certain oj ones next to his bed see if he will go in it and just make him dump it out in the morning

Answer by Patience1 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• this may help you

Velo-Cardio-Facial Syndrome Educational Foundation

Details about this organization as well as an fact sheet about the disease. Includes details about support groups, a mission statement and contact ... -

Answer by vbruno at 11:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I don't need actual info about VCFS... unless you happen to find info or know something about how it relates to bedwetting. Thanks though. :)
    Patience... I'll mention to my friend about the bottle... but the 8 year old shares a room with a 3 year old (long story) and I don't know if my friend would go for it. Thanks for the reply though.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2008