Are pregnancy symptoms the same as getting a period?

So far, I have nausea, sore boobs, oily hair & skin, headache, my lower back is hurting, I'm having small mild cramps. I'm supposed to start tomorrow. I stupidly bought pregnancy tests early and took them all already so I have to wait until tomorrow to buy another one. I've heard those symptoms were also the same if you were going to get a period but with the exception of a headache and cramps, I've never experienced those with getting a period. Is it all in my head? How often does that happen where you want to be pregnant so bad that you start imagining symptoms?? Ugh. lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• They can be.The most noticable tend to be frequent urination and tiredness.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Those are the same symptoms I had with my first. I thought my period was coming but after 2 weeks late and still feeling the symptoms I figured I'd test lol. But if you were pregnant I'd think that the test would of picked it up by now, but if your period doesn't come then I would keep on testing lol.

With this pregnancy I didn't feel a thing!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• They can be. Most places will tell you that only a pregnancy test can tell you if you are pregnant since the symptoms can be so close.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Those can be symptoms of both pregnancy and PMS. The main difference I noticed was that when I was pregnant, my boobs didn't hurt so much as my nipples. My nipples were extremely sensitive, and they aren't like that before a period. Also, I would get really dizzy and feel sick if I hadn't eaten. i think with your period being due tomorrow, and the cramps you're having, you're probably about to start your period. I always get headaches before I start my period, as well as all of the other symptoms you're describing. I got headaches while pregnant, but not until later on. Give it a few more days, then take another test.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Last time i was pregnant i had a low grade fever for a week before along with a headache everyday. Got a positve day 32.(late) and still had fever and headache, hard time to sleep and cramps. ** GOOD LUCK & Baby dust**
    Nenej007

Answer by Nenej007 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I never had any syptoms so as with periods it can vary from woman to woman. I just sat up in bed one day about 6 weeks after my husband and I started sleeping together. It was my Oh Shit moment as I realized we had been sleeping together for 6 weeks and I had not had my period. When I went to the doctor it turns out I got pregnant the same day I lost my virginity or I'm the freakin Virgin Mary ;)
    WildatHeart918

Answer by WildatHeart918 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i had them when i w3as prego with my first
    Prayingforbaby1

Answer by Prayingforbaby1 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010