How many of you dry some or most of your laundry on the clothesline?

I often wondered if this was a task that people generally still do or are there only a handful of people who do it anymore?

I love to hang certain things on my clothesline to dry outdoors! But there are certain things, such as jeans and towels, that I have to dry in the dryer in order to keep them soft.

How about you?

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 10:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love clothes dried on the clothesline! Unfotunately I live in an upstairs apartment so I dont have access to a clothes line. If I had a house though I certainly would have one!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I do for comforters that fit in the washer,but roll up in the dryer. And they smell so nice afterwards too! MMMMM!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I dry almost everything outside when its nice out. If you have jeans or towels that get hard on the line this is what I do. Put a damp washrag in the dryer and run it on high for a few min with dryer sheets if you use them. Then pull it out and put the hard clothes in and run it for maybe 5 mind max. It will soften them up and your only running the dryer for like 7 min instead of an hour. Works great
    oboe_chik

Answer by oboe_chik at 10:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I prefer to line dry my clothes. I think that they are fresher after they have line dried.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 10:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• clothes lines are not allowed in our sub! isn't that crazy?
    i would love to line dry! think of the money and energy it would save too!
    i remember sheets off the line smelling so good!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• all summer! i love the smell of line dryed clothes☆
    babonwy

Answer by babonwy at 10:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't have a clothesline, but I'd love one. I do hang some of my shirts and some of hubby's shirts on a rack inside because they tend to shrink if they go in the dryer, but that's not practical for a lot of laundry. The only other problem is that with summer being so short (relatively) I'd only have a few months of hanging time, because I'm not going to be hanging wet clothes in freezing temps!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't have a line
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 10:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't have a clothesline, but I wouldn't be able to hang my clothes out there anyway due to my terrible allergy problems. My mom, however, loves to hang her sheets out. In fact, she HATES sleeping on sheets dried in a dryer!
    luvmyguyandgirl

Answer by luvmyguyandgirl at 11:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2010