Is anyone planning on holding a yardsale this summer?

If so, when do you plan to do it?

I would love to hear little pointers on how you get ready for it and how you handle your yardsale day.

I would like to have my first ever yardsale at the end of July!

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 10:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I plan to have one, but it will probably be at the end of summer or early fall. I have so much stuff to go through first though.

I think one of the keys is to price the big items a little higher than what you really want and most likely someone will offer you slightly less than you have marked. Another tip is if you have a lot of clothes that aren't name brand, then let people fill a bag for a $2 or $5 something like that. That way you get rid of stuff that doesn't sell that well by itself. Name brand clothes and shoes will sell, so be sure to mark them. And, finally the biggest key to a successful yard sale is advertising and location. The busier the street, the better the sale. If you don't live on a busy street, advertise in your local paper or trading post with your big ticket items...tv, baby clothes, gas grill, etc. Good luck!
    luvmyguyandgirl

Answer by luvmyguyandgirl at 10:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We do several yardsales a year. We're having the next one on July 3rd. We'll set up the night before in my mom's yard and cover the tables and clothing racks up with sheets to catch the morning dew so our stuff doesn't get wet.
    There will probably be 4 or 5 of us getting our stuff together. More stuff equals more people stopping. We price our own stuff and put our initials on the sticker so the money person can keep track.
    We put an ad in the paper (only $5 and it lets a lot more people know you're having one) and split the cost of it.
    We put bigger stuff like riding toys and furniture up in the front of the yard, and keep the other stuff organized on the tables by putting items that are alike together.
    Most clothes go on clothing racks that someone gave my mom, others get folded nicely on tables. Don't stack them too high because people don't seem to want to dig too much.
    We price stuff what we'd be willing to pay for it used
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No Thanks! I would rather donate than do that anymore - HOWEVER I love to go to yardsales and look around! :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I am not sure. I might since I have so much clutter in my house and I am tired of it lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010